During his 43 years of law practice, Larry Moffett has focused on complex litigation and transactions in multiple states, including in the areas of commercial/business litigation and transactions, electric cooperative governance and operations, oil and gas operations and revenue accounting, class actions, environmental contamination, and water rights.
Larry has a Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rating; been recognized in multiple editions of Best Lawyers in America© in six different practice areas (commercial litigation, utilities law, energy law, oil and gas law, natural resources law, and mass tort litigation/class actions-defendants); and been recognized in Mid-South Super Lawyers in the practice area of business litigation.
He is a member of the Mississippi Bar (1979); Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation (President (2021-2022); former member of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees); Master member of the William C. Keady American Inns of Court; member of the Electric Cooperative Bar Association (former (charter) Advisory Board Member); member of the American Bar Association (Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental section); and member of the University of Mississippi Law School Lamar Order.
Larry has also received mediation training at the Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution (Pepperdine University School of Law) and offers his services as a mediator.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Mississippi (1976)
- Juris Doctor, with honors, University of Mississippi (1979)
- Member and Editorial Board, University of Mississippi Law Journal (1978-79)
- Mississippi State Courts (1979)
- United States Supreme Court (2014)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1981)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit (2015)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1990)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Mississippi (1979)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Mississippi (1980)
- United States District Court, District of Colorado (2007)
- United States Court of Federal Claims (2020)
COMMERCIAL & BUSINESS
NATURAL RESOURCES & ENVIRONMENTAL
OIL & GAS